The Building Official is responsible for building permit review, inspections and code enforcement. The Town of Ridgway has adopted the 2018 International Codes, as amended in RMC 6-1. Please call the building office to confirm permit requirements before starting any work. All plumbing and electrical permits are handled by the State of Colorado. A Certificate of Occupancy (CO) must be obtained before any building can be occupied. Please call Mike Gill at 970-626-5308 x 216 to schedule an inspection. A minimum 48-hour notice for planned inspections is very much appreciated.
- Land Use and Public Hearing Information (Variances, Appeals, Deviations)
- Ridgway Municipal Code (Entire)
- Applicable sections for building:
- Town Standard Specifications & Typical Drawings for Infrastructure
- Commercial Design Guidelines
- Estimated Cost to Build a Single-Family House (2020 update)
Building Permit Application and Documents
If you are applying for a building permit, please carefully read all components of the Building Permit Application. This document outlines all required steps for a successful building permit and contains documents that are all editable in Adobe Acrobat.This is intended to save you a lot of time and effort by helping applicants through the building process. Disregard portions of the application that are irrelevant to your project.
Please note that incomplete submittals will not be reviewed by the Town until all necessary items in this worksheet are received, thus lengthening the time it takes to receive your permit.
- Applications and Forms
- Building Permit Application & Applicant Checklist
- Authorized Agent Form
- Commercial Wastewater Questionnaire
- Demolition Permit
- Encroachment Permit Application | Instructions
- Fire Suppression Tap Application
- Flood Plain Development Application
- Industrial Use Mitigation Report (I-1 Zone)
- Industrial Use Mitigation Report (I-2 Zone)
- Sign Permit Application
- Stove Application
- Water & Sewer Tap Application
How to Contact Staff